We asked a handful of gay guys to share their intimate grooming tips. First, they blushed, then they laughed, but eventually, they cast their pearls of wisdom, sharing how they trim the hedge while avoiding the sharp edge.
– Don’t go bald eagle. If shaving your ‘special place’ as clean as a new car’s bonnet turns you on, then, by all means, keep your “domkop, chis kop.” But if keeping it hairless is not a priority, then try and keep some tufts around for scaping. Pubes act like a fragrant garden releasing tantalising pheromones. These pheromones are believed to awaken sexual desire in others, should they get a whiff of it. Your scented pubes may be hooking you up!
– If you can afford it, why not go to a men’s salon and get a back, sack and crack special. The attendant will also be able to give you the best advice on how to keep your nether regions properly maintained. Just know that you will have to be comfortable showing a stranger your tackle. But let’s face it, that’s not a new experience for many of us
– DIY? Watch that razor! Don’t become another shredded statistic. Many a misinformed Mavis has gone to his sensitive parts with a facial razor and emerged scarred for life (literally) by the bloody damage done. Facial razors used in pubic areas will often result in itchy ingrown hairs, which can be painful and unsightly. If you do choose to use one, use shaving cream to minimise aggravating the skin and remember to exfoliate with a course sponge or cloth to prevent ingrown hairs
– The best way to avoid those little red bumps and lumps from too close a shave is to use a sharp pair of scissors (carefully) where you can, and then make another plan for some of those hard-to-reach areas
– Although sensitive, the anus and ball sack seem more resistant to ingrown hairs. Using a hair removal cream for sensitive skin in these areas can be very effective if you want to make a clean sweep. But, don’t keep it on for longer than recommended and make sure that none of the cream goes anywhere other than the outside of your body, you don’t want that stuff anywhere it shouldn’t be
– If you have a fluffy bum or a hairy back, using a beard trimmer or buzz cutter on the shortest setting will keep those areas less George W. Bush, and also without causing ingrowns
– Then again, if cultivating a Deep Forrest all over your body is your thing and gets your tail wagging, then ignore all the above, go “bos” and leave those sexy follicles to frolic. It’s all about you and whatever makes you and your man happy
Bruce J. Little is a contributing writer for Anova Health Institute. These are his views, which may or may not be those of Anova and its affiliates.